Brenscombe Outdoor Centre
Located no more than a couple of miles from Burnbake, Brenscombe offers a fantastic range of activities on both land and water using Purbeck's tremendous natural features and environment. Choose from climbing and abseiling on the stunning cliffs at Swanage to getting an adrenalin-high on their ropes courses at Burnbake to rafting and kayaking at our lake at Bestwall in Wareham or canoeing across Poole Harbour in one of our Big Canoes. Many of these activities can be experienced on site before venturing further afield.
For further information please visit their website http://www.brenscombeoutdoor.co.uk
Burnbake Ropes Course
Burnbake Ropes Course is a well-established, instructor-led ropes course in Rempstone Forest. Literally just outside out front gate
There are several separate sections, each comprising many elements which can be used as stand alone activities or combined:
- Trees Course - the name says it all. This course is up in the trees; exciting on a breezy day.
- Poles Course - Supported by poles rather than trees it combines seven different elements in one small area, allowing groups of up to 12 to move swiftly from one high challenge to the next.
- Cows' tails and zip wire - The cows' tails and zip wire is a three tier course where participants attach themselves to the safety wires using short lengths of rope (cows' tails). They ascend to the top of one of the tallest trees on site from where they swoosh back down the zip wire to the ground.
- Powerfan - a true test of nerve; developed to train paratroops, your heart will be in your mouth as you plummet earthwards before gliding to a gentle stop on the ground.
- Low ropes course - extensive course, great to use in its own right or to prepare for elements at height.