For your safety
We want you to enjoy your time with us, so we have just a few common sense terms and conditions that apply whilst camping at Burnbake.
- COVID-19: Bookings are conditional that, at the time of booking and upon arrival, guests do not have COVID-19 symptoms, have not tested positive for COVID-19 and have not been in close contact with someone who has symptoms or has tested positive for COVID-19. If guests become ill during their stay with actual or suspected COVID-19 symptoms, they must leave and return home without delay.
- Closure due to COVID-19: If Burnbake need to close due to COVID-19, you will receive a free change of dates or a credit note to the value of your booking.
- Abuse: Any aggression or abuse directed towards our staff will not be tolerated under any circumstances. Anyone displaying aggressive or abusive behaviour may be asked to leave without refund.
- Arrival and departure time: Please arrive between midday and 8pm and please check in at Reception before pitching. Checkout is midday.
- Pitching distances: You must pitch a minimum of 6 metres from your neighbours, for both your and their safety. Anyone breaking this will be asked to move.
- Refunds: Sorry no refunds – especially for inclement weather.
- Social distancing: No more than one household in the shop and reception at any time. Please follow all social distancing signs around the site.
- Campfires: We do allow wood campfires but only in a container off the ground. (This may be revoked in exceptional weather/grounds conditions). We also hire fire pits on site (subject to availability) but please NO GROUND FIRES AT ALL under any circumstances. Fire bans are not uncommon in Purbeck and in this instance, fires will not be permitted.
- Noise: Music/radio/chatter/partying – if it’s after 10.30pm and/or your neighbour can hear it, it’s too loud! Anyone displaying behaviours deemed to be anti-social by the Burnbake team may be asked to leave without refund.
- Dogs: Dogs are very welcome and free of charge! All we ask is that they be kept on a lead for the comfort of other guests and that you clear up any deposits. We have dog bins spread around the site.
- Vehicles: Please follow any directional and speed limit signage and park with consideration for your camping neighbours.
- Litter: Please remove all waste and litter to refuse area.
- Rope swings: Please do not erect rope swings or other play structures in and around the site. They can be the cause of serious accidents. Please do make use of our play area and ensure that your children are adequately supervised.
- Damage: Please report without delay any damage to property, injuries, illness or significant dangerous occurrences to Reception or via our emergency number so that any necessary action can be taken.
- Non admission: The management reserve the right to refuse admission.
- Facilities: There will be basic style porta loos with hand sanitiser in them which have regular cleans and are checked daily by staff. There will be outside showers on the main campsite and shower pods on the entrance to the events field (During Peak Times the showers may become Cooler). The washing up area is open. The Children Playground is currently closed, and the baby change and launderette for safety reasons. There will be no mirrors or anywhere to plug a hairdryer – in its back to basics camping this year.
- Please note: From the 24th July face coverings will be compulsory in our campsite shop in line with the government announcement, thank you for your cooperation.