Camping update in-line with COVID19 guidelines
We are excited to announce that Burnbake Campsite can finally re-open on Monday July 6th. Due to the unprecedented situation that we find ourselves in, camping at Burnbake won’t be the same as ‘normal’ years. Rest assured that the safety of our guests and our staff is the most important issue for us, and is the focus behind all the changes that are being made. A summary of the changes are as follows:
- We are now operating a bookings only policy. Please do not, turn up and pitch without a booking. We are working hard to get a bookings system ready, which we hope to have available w/c 29th Please keep an eye on our website for it’s launch.
- All campers must check-in at reception when you arrive, without exception. Check-in is between 12 noon and 8pm each day. Check-out is midday.
- We are reducing the number of pitches we normally have at Burnbake and spreading them out across the Main Campsite and the Events Field. Campers will be expected to pitch their tents a minimum of 6 meters from their neighbours. Don’t worry, there will be plenty of space.
- Groups are not permitted, and all group bookings for this year have now been cancelled. No more than 2 pitches can book in together at Burnbake.
- Our normal toilet and shower facilities will be closed as there is no way we can safely exercise social distancing guidelines within them. We will have individual portaloos spread across the site, our usual outdoor shower block and an additional portable shower block within the entrance of the Events Field.
- The number of people in the shop and reception will be limited to one household at a time. When queueing for the shop and reception, please stand on the social distancing markers and follow any signs.
- All communal areas will be closed, including the laundry room and the children’s play park.
- Children will be required to stay within the vicinity of their pitch and when wandering around the site, they must be accompanied by an adult.
- Due to COVID19 we are currently not taking any cash payments – card payments only, please.
Facilities: There will be basic style porta loos with hand sanitiser in them which have regular cleans and are checked daily by staff. There will be outside showers on the main campsite and shower pods on the entrance to the events field. The washing up area is open. The Children Playground is currently closed, and the baby change and laundrette for safety reasons. There will be no mirrors or anywhere to plug a hairdryer in – its back to basics camping this year.
These measures may sound over the top and draconian, but they are for the benefit and safety of the guests and Burnbake staff. Anyone seen to be breaking these rules will be asked to leave.
We are all genuinely excited to re-open and welcome you back, even if it’s not going to be the relaxed Burnbake we all know and love. If you haven’t been put off by the above, then we look forward to seeing you all very soon!